Is there Work Life Balance in your life? Not now, right? How about yesterday or some years ago? Nope. Because the reality of life is a constant turmoil of changes and habits that coexist… at the center of it all … is YOU. The cause and effect of that turmoil.
I know a lot of people who go to work and go home later in the day, doing nothing else… just living in a routine that’s not healthy, it’s just a comfort zone. Then, at some points there are what I call “those rare eureka moments”. Yes, those when you go and ask yourself wth am I doing with my life?
I know, I’ve been there too.
First things first, GRAB those moments of clarity. Appreciate the opportunity to challenge yourself and ask the right questions. Be a champion, TALK to your inner self and discover what’s next for you.
Here are, in my personal opinion, 13 reasons why you must find other ways to find happiness:
- Balance doesn’t exist, your real challenge is to accept that you will never have total balance in your life
- Work is part of your life, a competition or balance between the two is not possible
- There are a lot of other interests in your life other than work
- You are a person, the one & only… in your work as in other life activities
- You change every day and your values also change, today maybe you prioritise work-related activities, but tomorrow is another story
- Success and happiness are not just about work, we are complex beings and want so much in life without realising it
- Life is about habits, learn to take advantage of those little rituals
- Hobbies and other activities are important for you to be productive in life
- Work ≠ Safety; if you don’t feel safe in your life, nothing else matters
- Family & Friends keeps your engines going, spend time with them … connect with yourself
- Your community is a lot more than work/home, there is a lot out there for you to explore
- Your state of mind is important, your spirituality makes you tick – in life, you need to be wholesome, being segmented create a disconnection
- Work is an activity, a choice and part of who you are, but you are so much more!
Finally, what I’m trying to tell you is that I know the struggle of being a professional, a human being who needs to pay attention to a lot of aspects in your life. Thus, there is no such thing as Work Life Balance! Make the ride of life fun, make it about you … yes! be selfish and care for your interests. Then, you will also make your family happy. Treat yourself first and the rest will occur not as an obligation but an organic way of life.